Can you do number 4?(pchem )110C
1) Calculate the residual entropy of N=10^5 hydrogen atoms that can occupy M=10^7
sites on the surface of Ti at T=0.
At which N the entropy is maximum?
2) One mole of an ideal mono-atomic gas at room temperature and pressure P1= 1atm is
subjected to pressure jump fromP1= 1atm to P2=2 atm. Calculate the final temperature of
the gas when the system equilibrates. Assume the system is
Same as above, only in a slow, reversible process of pressure increase
from P1 to P2.
2) Estimate the change of freezing temperature of water, when the pressure is increased
to 2 atm.
4) Estimate the number of molecules of air that collide with a wall area of 100 A^2, per
second, whose kinetic energy is greater than 5kT. Assume pressure 1 atm, and room
5) It is believed that smell propagates through air via diffusion of aromatic molecules.
a)Estimate the diffusion coefficient of gas molecules with molar mass 200g/mol and
radius of interaction with air molecules of 5 Angstroms. Assume room temperature. (In
class we discussed diffusion in liquids. Here you need to figure out the diffusion
coefficient in gas!)
b)How much time will it take for such a molecule to diffuse a distance of 1m?
- 1 -
This question was answered on: May 23, 2022
This attachment is locked
Our expert Writers have done this assignment before, you can reorder for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy and it will be redone much faster (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
May 23, 2022EXPERT
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions: