Identifying potentially disruptive innovations
Case Study: Case Study 9.5
1. Review the mini-case and search University library's database for articles relevant to disruptive innovation. Provide a brief synopsis of disruptive innovation as compared to sustaining or incremental innovation.
2. Describe a practical example of a disruptive innovation in a market segment of your choice. How did this innovation come about? How did it alter the way that consumers used a particular product/service? What alternative products/services were impacted by the disruption?
3. Consider your own industry. What are some possible disruptive innovations that might be on the horizon for your organization? What product, service, or process innovations might significantly alter the way that your firm conducts business?
http://books.google.com/books?id=CVuYk25bkfsC&pg=PT416&lpg=PT416&dq=Identifying+potentially+disruptive+innovations+Case+Study:+Case+Study+9.5&source=bl&ots=X73cAYX-hg&sig=eOWBX7c50AQmXmT9I_5sMOfWGA4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=zevcUa7NKYzq8gSC4oDADw&ved=0CD8Q6AEwAA -Discuss the role of supply chain management in the innovation process. Why is it important for organizations to effectively leverage all value chain relationships when implementing an innovation strategy?
Flamingo's management team accepted maximizing the total exposure rating, across all media, as the objective of the advertising campaign. Because of management's concern with attracting new customers, management stated that the advertising campaign must reach at least 100,000 new customers. To balance the advertising campaign and make use of all advertising media, Flamingo's management team also adopted the following guidelines.
• Use at least twice as many radio advertisements as television advertisements.
• Use no more than 20 television advertisements.
• The television budget should be at least $140,000.
• The radio advertising budget is restricted to a maximum of $99,000.
• The newspaper budget is to be at least $30,000.
HJ agreed to work with these guidelines and provide a recommendation as to how the $279,000 advertising budget should be allocated among television, radio, and newspaper advertising.
Develop a model that can be used to determine the advertising budget allocation for the Flamingo Grill. Include a discussion of the following in your report.
1. A schedule showing the recommended number of television, radio, and newspaper advertisements and the budget allocation for each media. Show the total exposure and indicate the total number of potential new customers reached.
2. How would the total exposure change if an additional $10,000 were added to the advertising budget?
3. A discussion of the ranges for the objective function coefficients. What do the ranges indicate about how sensitive the recommended solution is to HJ's exposure rating coefficients?
4. After reviewing HJ's recommendation, the Flamingo's management team asked how the recommendation would change if the objective of the advertising campaign was to maximize the number of potential new customers reached. Develop the media schedule under this objective.
5. Compare the recommendations from parts 1 and 4. What is your recommendation for the Flamingo Grill's advertising campaign?
This question was answered on: May 23, 2022
This attachment is locked
Our expert Writers have done this assignment before, you can reorder for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy and it will be redone much faster (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
May 23, 2022EXPERT
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions: